Massonís Haemangioma Presenting as a FibrolipomaCorrespondence Address :
Dr. Astha Sarda,
No 1571/1 2nd Cross 2nd Main Road, Nagappa Block, SR Puram, Bangalore-560021, India.
Massonís haemangioma, also known as intra vascular papillary endothelial hyperplasia, is a rare benign condition which usually occurs due to traumatic vascular stasis. It is almost always associated with thrombus formation in the lumen of a vessel. Its significance lies in the fact that it can be easily misdiagnosed as a soft tissue sarcoma due to its clinical similarity to the same. Here, we present a case of Masson`s haemangioma in a 29-year-old male misinterpreted as fibrolipoma.
Angiosarcoma, Massonís tumour, Haemangioendotheliome Vegetant Intravasculaire
Astha Sarda, Murugappan Nachiappan. MASSONíS HAEMANGIOMA PRESENTING AS A FIBROLIPOMA. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research [serial online] 2016 May [cited: 2018 Jan 21 ]; 10:PD07-PD08. Available from
Date of Submission: Feb 21, 2016
Date of Peer Review: Mar 12, 2016
Date of Acceptance: Mar 28, 2016
Date of Publishing: May 01, 2016
Financial OR OTHER COMPETING INTERESTS: None.
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (Web of Science, thomsonreuters)
- Index Copernicus ICV 2016: 132.37
- Academic Search Complete Database
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
- Embase & EMbiology
- Google Scholar
- HINARI Access to Research in Health Programme
- Indian Science Abstracts (ISA)
- Journal seek Database
- Popline (reproductive health literature)