It is a Not for Profit project of the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Study (NICUS)
group in NSW Australia and is led by Dr Ian Callander, a Neonatologist at Liverpool
Hospital in Sydney. The project aims at providing a uniform platform for collection
of data for babies in Neonatal Units across the world using DateTime methodology.
It has been progressively implemented in New South Wales, Australia since the beginning
of 2007 and now has 15 hospitals (10 NICU, 5 SCN) connected to a single server which
allows collaboration during clinical management as well as in Quality Improvement.
The Database is available for everyone. more detail...
Download access based software
- Liverpool Hospital (Australia)
- Royal North Shore Hospital (Australia)
- John Hunter Hospital (Australia)
- Royal Hospital for Women (Australia)
- Nepean Hospital (Australia)
- Westmead Hospital (Australia)
- Children's Hospital Westmead (Australia)
- Royal Prince Alfred (RPA) (Australia)
- Sydney Children's Hospital (Australia)
- The Canberra Hospital (Australia)
- Gosford Hospital (Australia)
- Blacktown Hospital (Australia)
- Cambeltown Hospital (Australia)
- Wollongong Hospital (Australia)
- St George Hospital (Australia)
- Fernandes Hospital, Hyderbad (India)
With wider application it was realized that local windows related factors brought
new issues which needed to be resolved case by case. Since some places software
was running in Windows XP and at other in Windows 8. Providing support for such
project was becoming increasingly difficult. In 2012 December a workshop was held
in Hyderabad for this database and it was realized that it is impossible to take
forward the project without making is browser based on website so that uniformity
is maintained and support issues can be handled easily. The project to convert Original
Visual Basic Code to Asp.net and to make software web based was undertaken by Dr.
Hemant Jain Supported by Journal of Clinical and Diagnositic Research. This was
done with the understanding that this project will always remain on Not for Profit
model. more detail...
Web based application home page