Exudative Pharyngitis by Corynebacterium pseudodiphtheriticum-A Diagnostic Challenge during Diphtheria EpidemicCorrespondence Address :
Dr. Kalpana George,
Associate Professor, Department of Microbiology, Government Medical College, Malappuram, Manjeri-676121, Kerala, India.
Corynebacterium pseudodiphtheriticum is a common commensal of the upper respiratory tract which can mimic mild diphtheria clinically and can be a challenge for treating physicians, especially in the setting of a diphtheria epidemic. We report eight cases of pharyngitis caused by macrolide resistant Corynebacterium pseudodiphtheriticum.
Corynebacterium diphtheriae, Macrolide resistance, Throat swabs
Date of Submission: Sep 17, 2017
Date of Peer Review: Nov 23, 2017
Date of Acceptance: Feb 13, 2018
Date of Publishing: Apr 01, 2018
FINANCIAL OR OTHER COMPETING INTERESTS: None.
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (Web of Science, thomsonreuters)
- Index Copernicus ICV 2017: 134.54
- Academic Search Complete Database
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
- Google Scholar
- HINARI Access to Research in Health Programme
- Indian Science Abstracts (ISA)
- Journal seek Database
- Popline (reproductive health literature)