Sarcomatoid Lung Carcinoma-A Rare EntityCorrespondence Address :
Dr. Surya Kant,
Professor and Head, Department of Respiratory Medicine, King George’s Medical University,
Lucknow-226003, Uttar Pradesh, India.
Sarcomatoid Carcinoma (SARC) of lung is an uncommon poorly differentiated variant of lung cancer. It is biphasic neoplasm and combination of malignant epithelial and mesenchymal cells. Most of the cases are associated with advanced disease and metastasis. It is aggressive form of non small cell lung cancer. Here we report a case of sarcomatoid lung cancer in 65-year-old smoker male.
Histopathology, Non small cell carcinoma, Sarcoma, Smoking
Jyoti Bajpai, Surya Kant, Abhishek Verma, Darshan Kumar Bajaj, Ved Prakash. SARCOMATOID LUNG CARCINOMA-A RARE ENTITY. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research [serial online] 2018 May [cited: 2018 May 21 ]; 12:OD01-OD02. Available from
Date of Submission: Oct 15, 2017
Date of Peer Review: Jan 03, 2018
Date of Acceptance: Feb 16, 2018
Date of Publishing: May 01, 2018
FINANCIAL OR OTHER COMPETING INTERESTS: None.
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (Web of Science, thomsonreuters)
- Index Copernicus ICV 2016: 132.37
- Academic Search Complete Database
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
- Embase & EMbiology
- Google Scholar
- HINARI Access to Research in Health Programme
- Indian Science Abstracts (ISA)
- Journal seek Database
- Popline (reproductive health literature)