Varied Orbital Inflammations in DiabeticsCorrespondence Address :
Dr. Bindu Kolavala,
D/O K Raja Reddy, Madhura Nagar, Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh, India.
Orbital cellulitis is purulent inflammation of the cellular tissue of the orbit. It is one of the clinical emergencies which need early diagnosis and treatment, especially in diabetics and immunocompromised patients. We report two rare presentations of orbital inflammations in diabetics, who recovered with early diagnosis and prompt treatment subsequently.
Diabetics, Fatal, Orbital cellulitis
Sumana J Kamath, Bindu Kolavala, Vasuraj Saini. VARIED ORBITAL INFLAMMATIONS IN DIABETICS. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research [serial online] 2018 August [cited: 2018 Jul 23 ]; 12:ND01-ND02. Available from
Date of Submission: Feb 21, 2018
Date of Peer Review: Apr 18, 2018
Date of Acceptance: Jun 07, 2018
Date of Publishing: Aug 01, 2018
FINANCIAL OR OTHER COMPETING INTERESTS: None.
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (Web of Science, thomsonreuters)
- Index Copernicus ICV 2016: 132.37
- Academic Search Complete Database
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
- Embase & EMbiology
- Google Scholar
- HINARI Access to Research in Health Programme
- Indian Science Abstracts (ISA)
- Journal seek Database
- Popline (reproductive health literature)