Interesting Cystic Lesions of Pancreas in SeptuagenariansCorrespondence Address :
Dr. Maria Jacob,
Department of Gastroenterology, Bharath Hospital, Kottayam-686001, Kerala, India.
Intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms are rare pancreatic tumours which can mimic more common diagnoses like pancreatic pseudocysts or pancreatic mass. Here we describe two of our cases who presented with abdominal pain and weight loss and were diagnosed to have Intraductal Papillary Mucinous Neoplasm (IPMN) after Endoscopic Ultrasound-guided Fine Needle Aspiration (EUS FNA) which was crucial in clinching the diagnosis.
Endoscopic Ultrasound-guided Fine Needle Aspiration, Intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm, Pancreatic cysts
Biggs Saravanan Ramachandran, Maria Jacob. INTERESTING CYSTIC LESIONS OF PANCREAS IN SEPTUAGENARIANS. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research [serial online] 2017 October [cited: 2018 Jan 22 ]; 11:OD09-OD11. Available from
Date of Submission: Mar 04, 2017
Date of Peer Review: Jun 04, 2017
Date of Acceptance: Sep 12, 2017
Date of Publishing: Oct 01, 2017
FINANCIAL OR OTHER COMPETING INTERESTS: None.
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (Web of Science, thomsonreuters)
- Index Copernicus ICV 2016: 132.37
- Academic Search Complete Database
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
- Embase & EMbiology
- Google Scholar
- HINARI Access to Research in Health Programme
- Indian Science Abstracts (ISA)
- Journal seek Database
- Popline (reproductive health literature)