Leiomyoma of Testis –Rare Benign Mimicker of Testicular MalignancyCorrespondence Address :
Dr. Harshi Dhingra,
Assistant Professor, Department of Pathology, Adesh Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, Barnala Road,
Bathinda-151101, Punjab, India.
Leiomyomas are benign tumours that originate from any organ containing smooth muscles. The testis is an extremely rare site. We report a case of testicular leiomyoma in a 50-year-old. Testis-associated leiomyomas are a benign and rare disease presenting as a painless, slowly-growing mass. Only histological examination with immunohistochemistry can validate the diagnosis.
Immunohistochemistry, Malignant, Orchidectomy
Asif Baliyan, Harshi Dhingra, Ranjeev Bhagat. LEIOMYOMA OF TESTIS –RARE BENIGN MIMICKER OF TESTICULAR MALIGNANCY. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research [serial online] 2017 October [cited: 2018 Jan 20 ]; 11:ED08-ED09. Available from
Date of Submission: Jun 30, 2017
Date of Peer Review: Jul 16, 2017
Date of Acceptance: Aug 12, 2017
Date of Publishing: Oct 01, 2017
FINANCIAL OR OTHER COMPETING INTERESTS: None.
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (Web of Science, thomsonreuters)
- Index Copernicus ICV 2016: 132.37
- Academic Search Complete Database
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
- Embase & EMbiology
- Google Scholar
- HINARI Access to Research in Health Programme
- Indian Science Abstracts (ISA)
- Journal seek Database
- Popline (reproductive health literature)