Isolated Primary Schwannoma of Urinary BladderCorrespondence Address :
Dr. Yateesh Srinivasa,
Senior Resident, Department of Urology, Medical College, Kottayam, Kerala-686008, India.
Primary schwannoma of urinary bladder is a very rare tumour. It usually occurs in association with Von Recklinghausen’s disease. It arises from Schwann’s cells in the nerve sheath. We report here a very rare case of primary schwannoma of urinary bladder managed by complete transurethral resection.
Bladder tumour, Bladder schwannoma, Neurofibromatosis
Yateesh Srinivasa, Suresh Bhat, Fredrick Paul. ISOLATED PRIMARY SCHWANNOMA OF URINARY BLADDER. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research [serial online] 2016 May [cited: 2018 Jan 22 ]; 10:PD12-PD13. Available from
Date of Submission: Jan 21, 2016
Date of Peer Review: Feb 18, 2016
Date of Acceptance: Feb 28, 2016
Date of Publishing: May 01, 2016
Financial OR OTHER COMPETING INTERESTS: None.
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (Web of Science, thomsonreuters)
- Index Copernicus ICV 2016: 132.37
- Academic Search Complete Database
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
- Embase & EMbiology
- Google Scholar
- HINARI Access to Research in Health Programme
- Indian Science Abstracts (ISA)
- Journal seek Database
- Popline (reproductive health literature)