Acute Bilateral Tuberculous Pneumonia in a Patient with Systemic Lupus ErythematosusCorrespondence Address :
Dr. Raghavendra Rao,
4-162, Raghavendra kripa, 3rd Cross, Dasharath Nagar, Manipal-576104, India.
Pulmonary tuberculosis is a common infection associated with immunocompromised state. It usually presents with fibrosis or fibrocavitary lesions in the lung. We report a case of bilateral tuberculous pneumonia of acute presentation in a young lady who was being treated for systemic lupus erythematosus.
Acute respiratory failure, Immunocompromised, Pulmonary manifestation
Raghavendra Rao, Rama Bhat, Nitin Bhat, Savio DíSouza, Venkata Chenchaiah. ACUTE BILATERAL TUBERCULOUS PNEUMONIA IN A PATIENT WITH SYSTEMIC LUPUS ERYTHEMATOSUS. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research [serial online] 2016 May [cited: 2018 Jan 20 ]; 10:OD13-OD14. Available from
Date of Submission: Jan 14, 2016
Date of Peer Review: Feb 22, 2016
Date of Acceptance: Mar 28, 2016
Date of Publishing: May 01, 2016
Financial OR OTHER COMPETING INTERESTS: None.
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (Web of Science, thomsonreuters)
- Index Copernicus ICV 2016: 132.37
- Academic Search Complete Database
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
- Embase & EMbiology
- Google Scholar
- HINARI Access to Research in Health Programme
- Indian Science Abstracts (ISA)
- Journal seek Database
- Popline (reproductive health literature)